Friday, April 19, 2024

Comfort in a bowl

I can't remember the last ham I made, surely I've made one but I can't recall. I do remember over 10 years ago making a ham and cutting up the extra and freezing it. I remember that because I remember making this Chowder Soup at our old house... which is over 10 years ago, since we've lived in this house for 10+ years. Anyway - ham was insanely inexpensive (8 pounds for $5) so I got one to have some friends over for dinner. We got covid shortly after and were not eating the left overs so I chopped the ham into chunks and tossed them in the freezer. A chilly day and in office day meant crockpot for the win - so this Chowder Soup is what I picked for dinner. It's so good and so easy. Lots of veggies and yummy ham. Perfect with some bread - comfort in a bowl!

Ham Chowder Soup
1 box Au Gratin Potatoes or Scalloped Potatoes (with Seasoning Packet)
4 stalks Celery, diced
2 Onions, chopped
4 Carrots, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Diced Precooked Ham
4 cups Chicken Broth
1 dash Black Pepper
⅓ cups Flour
2 cups Milk

Combine the uncooked potatoes, seasoning packet, veggies, ham, chicken broth, and pepper in your crock pot. Cook on low for about 6 hours (or on high for about 3 hours). There is some flexibility here, you just need to make sure the potatoes are soft. Whisk the four and the milk together in a bowl and add to the crock pot. Cook an additional 30 minutes on high, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10