Friday, May 17, 2024

It's still green, just different green

It's been a long week. Why? No real obvious reason, just feels long. I saw this recipe online during the day and decided I had everything except the parsley - but I did have chives growing outside... It's February - that's a winter blessing indeed.
My house was quiet when I got home, despite a very excited pup who'd been alone for less than 30 minutes. I decided these biscuits would be the perfect addition to our pork chops for dinner. Spoiler alert - they were amazing. So no fresh parsley but I did add some fresh chives to the batter and to the butter on top. I do think some flake salt on top would have been amazing too - or garlic salt!
I did not roll the dough out - I thought about it but I'd put the flour away and it was a little sticky. Instead I used a cookie disher and scooped and plopped the biscuits instead - they worked great.
These will be on repeat - they were easy and delicious. They also made the house smell amazing. So good!

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
For the Topping:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
½ teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.
Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut out 10-12 rounds using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter.
Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Topping:
Whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10