Friday, May 31, 2024

Regular Old Peanut Butter Cookies but without the Gluten

It's been a few years that we've needed to bake gluten free for family and a few friends. I still haven't found myself succeeding very much at it, at all. I get so frustrated with the flour, the texture, and the taste. When I needed to come up with a gluten free dessert, I opted to try going the flourless route rather than make something normally with gluten but with swaps. Somehow I don't have much luck with that. I've heard of these peanut butter cookies before - maybe not this recipe - but this recipe was great. Chewy peanut butter cookies made without flour but tasting like your normal peanut butter cookies - they were great. I did not add chocolate to these, since I used another flourless recipe for chocolate cookies (that's for another day) but these were great - Bronwyn said they were amazing - she was at the event these were for and was my taste tester... she highly approved.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup chocolate chips (optional) mini or regular, or chopped chocolate
Extra chocolate to drizzle.
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Mix together peanut butter and sugar.
Add egg, vanilla and salt and stir until combined.
If desired, mix in chocolate chips.
Roll 1 TBS portions of dough into balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (or use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet)
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are just barely browned.
Let the cookies sit on the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10