I've been wanting to make this Pizza Monkey Bread for a while, and my life doesn't really have an appetizer section in it... I thought I needed one to have this. If someone had told me as a kid that for the rest of my adult life, I'm responsible for planning, preparing, purchasing, making every meal I'd have for the rest of my natural life, I might have said no thanks. Trust me... it gets REALLY old. I decided this was dinner last Saturday. Nicholas and I were outside building a trellis in the cold wind, and I knew I needed to be somewhere at a certain time, so I abandoned my kid, ran in and tossed this together quickly. I'd found an older bottle of grated parmesan in the cabinet since we ran out... opened it - whoa... that stuff ages stinkily. Even a little was TOO much... Wow... note to self... pick up a new one! But I tossed that baby in the oven and ran back out. It came out of the pan with some coaxing, but we got it! Dipped it in marinara and it was great! Everyone really liked it, maybe less stinky parm next time, but it was a great snacky dinner.
Pizza Monkey Bread
32 oz refrigerated canned biscuit dough, quartered
6 oz pepperoni, sliced (cut in halves)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup melted butter
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Fresh parsley, for garnish
Marinara sauce, for dipping
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a Bundt pan thoroughly to prevent sticking.
Cut biscuits into quarters
Slice pepperoni into halves
Smaller pieces ensure even baking and distribution.
In a large bowl, combine:
Biscuit pieces, Pepperoni, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Melted butter, Italian seasoning, Garlic powder, Garlic salt, Red pepper flakes (if using)
Toss until everything is evenly coated.
Spoon mixture into the prepared pan.
Lightly press down—but do not pack tightly. Airflow helps it bake properly.
Bake for 35–40 minutes.
If the top browns too quickly, loosely cover with foil during the last 10 minutes.
The internal dough should be fully cooked and no longer doughy in the center.
Let rest for 5–10 minutes.
Carefully invert onto a serving plate.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Serve warm with marinara for dipping.

No comments:
Post a Comment