When you see a recipe that includes several things you already have in the house - that makes things a bit easier. This recipe is a bit of a guessing game. How much liquid do you add? Eh... until it makes sense. Isn't that the worst advice ever? I mean the way this recipe is written it's not really clear. I started with 2 cups of broth and added a little more... but also did milk instead of heavy cream. I didn't have fresh basil - well there's some growing in the garden but it was tornadoing outside so I opted to just run out and grab chives instead. That worked just fine. I loved this pasta. It was so flavorful and different from what I've made before. For sure when I see more Boursin, it's coming home with me! Last I saw at the weird grocery store it was 3 for $1! Maybe next time the weather won't be so lousy and I can add some basil... although our weather is pretty crazy...
Boursin Basil Rings
2 cups pasta rings or ditalini
4 tablespoons butter
1–2 garlic cloves minced
2–3 cups chicken broth or water
Salt and pepper
3/4 c heavy cream or milk
1 package Boursin Basil and chive flavor
Fresh sliced basil
Chopped chives
Melt the butter in a skillet and add the garlic. When the garlic sizzles add the pasta and 1 1/2 cups broth/water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer and cover for about 5–6 minutes. Give it a stir and add more broth if needed. Stir in the cream and add the Boursin. Continue stirring until tender adding liquid as needed. Season with salt pepper and stir in the basil and chives.
No comments:
Post a Comment