Friday, October 2, 2026

Life Saving Measures

Church dessert potluck means a new recipe to try out on a all sorts of people. I had one picked up and ready to roll... The Oreos ready and hiding from one Nicholas because he will eat them all... I went to print the recipe and as he stood over my shoulder he noticed it had one star. Oh man... we read the review and the follow up response from the baker, and it was NOT great. Oh man we need to pivot and now. Bundt. What works better at a church function than a bundt cake? Nothing! I found this Oreo Bundt cake and while I didn't have black cocoa powder, I did use regular cocoa, and it was just fine. I saw several people have a slice and they all told me how great it was, they didn't even know I baked it. Although instinctively my mom knew it was mine, so did a few others. Apparently it was the magic sugar my father needed to up his glucose. Haha! Life saving measures over there! When I asked what he wanted me to bake for his birthday dessert, "Got any more of that chocolate cake?!" Haha! Did I get any? Nope... not a bite. But I'm going off what everyone else said that this one was fantastic and it should be made over and over again. The frosting was surely delicious; I did try some of that. So this one will get baked again so I can have a slice or two. After all… it saved a life!

Cookies and Cream Oreo Bundt Cake
Ingredients
For the cake:
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/2 cup black cocoa powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
18 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped

For the frosting:
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 7 ounce jar marshmallow fluff
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy cream
12 Oreo cookies, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Add the melted butter, milk, and cocoa powders into a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add in the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour, continuing to whisk until fully incorporated with the chocolate mixture and no streaks of flour remain, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Make a well in the center of the batter and add the vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the chopped Oreo cookies.
Grease a 12-cup bundt metal pan. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the pan over a cooling rack and allow the cake to cool completely before icing.
To make the frosting, beat the butter on low speed using a mixer until smooth. Add in the marshmallow fluff, continuing to beat until well combined. Slowly mix in the confectioners' sugar, half a cup at a time, followed by the salt and vanilla. Turn the speed up to medium-high, then add in the heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.
Cover the top of the bundt cake with the frosting. Sprinkle the chopped Oreos on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to set the frosting. The cake will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10