I saw a couple minute video on Facebook for Chicken Parmesan Bake - sure looked interesting. Basically cook the chicken in bite size pieces, then stir in some sauce, top with cheese, bread crumbs and more cheese - bake and done. Serve over some noodles and just like that - Chicken Parm. there is nothing quite like fried chicken, but this dish is a bit healthier - less oil - and is done in 45 minutes, including baking time. I think you could even make it the night ahead and pop it in the oven. Maybe even freeze it... ohhh... another freezer meal. I do like a good freezer meal. :)
Chicken Parmesan Bake
16 oz already cooked rotisserie chicken
16 oz marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
½ cup shredded parmesan
1 cup panko or other type of breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp olive oil
optional fresh herbs, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray.
3. Add the chicken and marinara to the baking pan and mix well together.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over top of the chicken and sauce.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, olive oil, and herbs until well mixed. Spread them evenly in the pan on top of the cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.