Friday, July 5, 2024

When you haven't seen the sun in 867 days...

It's January 745 and we haven't seen the sun in 867 days... or so it feels like. It was a Monday and that means easy dinner for me because I'm in the office all day and I had been home previously for 4 days with a sick kid and decided I not only wanted easy, I wanted comfort food too. This recipe for chicken and dumplings is just that. VERY easy to put in the crockpot - even a few days ahead, shred the chicken, add the dumpling globs, done and done. Andy and Nicholas both loved it. I did add some carrots, celery, and onions because I felt like it needed a little veg to it. I ended up cooking the dumplings for only 30 minutes on high - I think I would have preferred to do the hour on low, but we had a young man to get to piano lessons. Certainly a do again.

Chicken and Dumplings
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup, or 3 cups Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 cups Bisquick mix
2/3 cups milk

In your slow cooker combine all ingredients, (except Bisquick and milk) stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low 7 hours or (on high for 3-4 hours), stirring occasionally.
Mix Biquick and milk in a medium bowl.
Add dumplings with a tablespoon scooper or by heaping teaspoon, gently press on dumplings to submerge.
Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until dumplings are cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10