Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 x 13 Pan of Goodness

This year at Christmas, my family had a very Chinese Christmas… we made all sorts of fried foods that were yummy – my dad is amazing with his wok skills. I was in charge of dessert – so I made Éclair Cake. I told my friend in Iowa and he was all kinds of jealous. That’s his favorite. So this past weekend we meet our friends halfway in Iowa – so I made Éclair Cake. I thought long and hard about how best to transport this 9 x 13 pan of goodness… how to keep it cold in a hotel room without bringing a full cooler and tons of ice. In comes ZipLoc containers! They fit perfect in our little cooler and a recipe made two containers! We all enjoyed it!

Éclair Cake
What you need!
2 packages instant Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 cups milk
1 8 oz. Whipped Topping
1 package Graham Crackers
1 tub Chocolate Frosting

What to do!
Mix Pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold in Whipped topping.
Layer graham crackers on the bottom of the pan, then half the pudding, more graham crackers, the rest of the pudding, the another layer of graham crackers. Microwave the frosting for 45 seconds, then spread on top. Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10