Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pan Licking Good Spuds

Usually I take pictures when I take the first serving out – this time I thought- eh – I’ll take the left overs since we had company over. There almost weren’t any left overs! I thought they might even lick the dish!
Recipes that call for more than one container of sour cream (3 cups!!) generally scare me. I increased the amount of potatoes by more than double. It also said to layer the sour cream. So… just what I want, a big old glop of hot sour cream to go with my potatoes. Yuck. I decided to mix the whole thing, lightly toss it and hope for the best. It turned out great. Even IF it had bacon in it! Some might say because of the bacon – I’m not part of the some…
These can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready for baking. I baked it for about 45 minutes to get them good and hot. Once out – sprinkled with a few more green onions – that perfect touch for these yummy spuds.

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe

What you need!
4 pounds red potatoes, baked
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Lawry's Season Salt
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
6 green onions, sliced (4 mixed in - 2 on top after baked)

Make it!
Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Mix all ingredients together and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Can be made ahead and refrigerated. Make need longer to bake to melt everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10