Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Mom's Melty and Wonderful Bread

My mom will tell you she doesn’t like to cook… taking 28 teenagers to Alaska and cooking for them broke her.  I would imagine just having my brother and me around would have done that job sufficiently. :)  Anyway… this is one of my mom’s recipes.  How can you not like cooking – but make this amazing bread?  It’s awesome… Shhh it’s easy too.  Mix up some of your favorite spread whether it be butter or Country Crock (we are a Country Crack family –yes crack) add some spices and cheese, good to go.  You can make this a few days ahead too.  Just slice the bread, spread it with the spread, wrap the whole loaf in foil… Bake until melty and wonderful.

Garlic Bread
What you need!

1 cup soft margarine or butter
1 1/2 tsp oregano
6 tbls grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 loaf French style bread

Make it!
Mix all ingredients (not bread) and slice bread. Spread with prepared margarine. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 till spread is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10