Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Did you know you could BAKE bread in your crock pot?  No really – you can.  It’s crazy – but it’s true!
I’ve seen so many pins on Pinterest and wondered if they were legit – this was one of them.  Simply plop your dough in and magic will happen.  Hrm… really?  I took the time to finally click on the link and saw it was a link to my favorite bread recipe people at Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.  Well shoot… then it might be real.  Basically they said to use some parchment paper and put the dough in – away you go.  I kept wiping the condensation off my lid since I didn’t want it to drip on the bread.  I also used my thermometer to check the bread for doneness…. But out it came – super soft yummy bread.  The bottom had a nice crispy crust – the top was soft.  Every bit of this bread went.  We plan to make it again.  This would be perfect in the summer when you don’t want to turn your oven on to heat up the house.
Here's the recipe I used... I halved it.
http://myrtlegrace.blogspot.com/2010/10/bucket-o-goo-awesome-bread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10