Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dirt and Flowers


As you probably know… when our friends from Iowa come – it’s birthday celebration time!  It was no different this September when they came for Bronwyn’s baptism.  Soon it would be Andrew and Emily’s birthdays – so of course we must celebrate!
This spring I found the most cute flower cupcake wrappers from Wilton at their Tent Sale.  It was the year of the cupcake wrapper… last year it was sprinkles.  I also bought some heart and star edible glitter for on top!  These were perfect for Emily.  Our girlie girl.
Then Andrew… he was a bit tougher.  What do you make for someone who loves playing in the dirt?  Dirt cupcakes – naturally.  I found grass wrappers (same shape as the flowers) at Michael's and knew I had a winner.  Andy made me the dirt from chocolate sandwich cookies, sprinkled the dirt on after frosting with chocolate frosting, then added a gummy worm.
I laughed at my almost 91 year old grandma who didn’t want to be a part of the party – too loud – but wanted “one of those worm ones.”   The kids loved them… Xander grabbed a dirt one – for the worm and ate it before we could even sing happy birthday – then would rather have a pink one… so much for that dirty boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10