Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How not to win a bake off...

 
When our office started talking about having a special lunch to celebrate the Super Bowl (on the Friday before the Super Bowl) I decided I wasn’t interested from the start.  You see… my family doesn’t do sports.  In fact, my brother’s birthday is February 4 so often we celebrate his birthday on Super Bowl Sunday... much to Andy’s dismay.  The past few years we haven’t since my brother is actually at the Super Bowl – working in the Verizon booth.  Mind you – he sees none of the game or the fun – but he officially has a ticket and a seat.
Anyway… back to work.  Yippee… a Super Bowl party.  In talking with one of the planners I suggested a Bake Off – get a bunch of us to bake and have people vote for their favorite.  Wouldn’t you know it – they took that to heart! So last Friday – it was a Bake Off!  There were six of us who brought in baked treats.  A few made full football fields, some team colors, others special props.  Me?  Just my baked good in my metal tray.  Someone said “Oh look, its football shaped.” Um… sure… that was planned - right.  Needless to say I did not win, but I also brought none of these home with me and could not find any after the tasting.  Guess they were a hit – even if they weren’t the bit hit.
These are easy to make, perhaps almost too easy.  When I read the reviews on the recipe almost all of them talked about it sticking to the cupcake liners the other people were using – then don’t use them!  I didn’t.  Just used lots of nonstick cooking spray – not one lost to stickage.

Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes
What you need!

1 box brownie mix, 9x13 inch size
48 Oreo Cookies
1 cup creamy peanut butter

Make it!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 12 muffin cup tins with nonstick spray.
Prepare brownie mix according to cake like brownie directions on the package (most likely just add an extra egg). For each cupcake cup spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter over 2 Oreo cookies and stack them on top of each other. Place Oreo stacks into the muffin cups. Spoon 2 tablespoons of brownie batter over each stacked Oreos and let it run down the sides of the cookies. If you have left over brownie batter, bake separately in a separate baker or muffin tin. Bake cookies and brownies for 18 to 20 minutes, until brownies are cooked through. Let cool completely then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10