Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Warm and Fuzzy French Toast Casserole

This recipe comes from our chef at work.  Oh, I'm sorry, you don't have a chef where you work?  I don't know anyone else who has a chef.  Our parent company has plenty of meetings and events so he actually does all the catering for that too.  He also makes lunch daily.  One of his dishes he makes is French Toasts Casserole - it's delicious.  When I got the recipe it was so similar to how I make French toast which gave me the warm and fuzzies.  He does add pecan praline on the top, I gave it a shot.  Yummy but not totally necessary. 

French Toast Casserole
8 eggs
3 cups milk
4 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Loaf of dry crusty bread

Mix together all ingredients (except bread) Pour the egg mixture over the bread and let soak overnight.
Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes or till completely set up and golden brown on top.
Top the French Toast with a praline made of nuts (Pecans) brown sugar and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10