Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Impressively Real Banana Muffins

 

My favorite part of my Grandma’s Banana Bread recipe is that people always say “it takes like there are actually bananas in here.”   Correct me if I’m wrong – isn’t that the point of banana bread?  To have actual bananas in the bread?  I’ve made these for work a few times – they are easy and use up the gross bananas we sometimes get in the house.  I like baking for work – they are pretty easy people to please.  Apparently they appreciate the real banana flavor…

Banana Muffins
What you need!

½ cup margarine softened
½ cup sour milk – or fresh milk with some lemon juice in it
2 cups sugar
Dash of salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 heaping tsp of baking soda (into sour milk)
3 – 4 ripe bananas mashed

Make it!Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream margarine; add sugar, vanilla and salt. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour. Add sour milk with baking soda, then bananas.
Pour muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. 
Bake 30 minutes and check centers until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10