Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ol' Lady who bakes Bundt Cakes

When I was a kid, my parents ordered from Market Day.  Market Day (www.marketday.com)  was a fund raiser that our school did, frozen meats and convenience items.  My parents did it up BIG.  My mom would get all the orders from nurses at the hospital - then submit them to the school. My Dad built a cooler in the garage that he'd setup once a month, so when he picked up the order he had somewhere to keep it cool.  He'd sit in the garage as the ladies all came after work for their orders.  I think my folks raised a lot of money for the school!
These days I no longer participate in Market Day, but I did luck out and find a recipe similar to the "Puddin' Cake" we ordered once upon a time .  They were individually packed chocolate cakes, so rich and moist with chocolate chips baked in.   This bundt cake is amazing.  While the ingredients are so simple and probably you have at hand (so make this now!).
There is also some thing fun about making a bundt cake.  I feel all old lady and special.  Although I do use my space age fancy silicon bundt pan. Maybe one of these days I'll get a real one made of metal from Good Will… complete my "Ol' Lady who bakes Bundt Cakes" persona.
Note: Ok … if you really don't want to bake this cake - but want the cake - Market Day STILL carries them!   Raise some money for a school!  https://www.marketday.com/shopping/products.aspx?sk=0&itemid=7680

Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Beat eggs, sour cream, water,and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into Bundt or tube pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. When cool, sift powdered sugar on top of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10