Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Don't judge my messy floor...

Apple Pie Spice seems something silly to buy in the grocery store - doesn't it?  I mean really… it's just a few things tossed together - probably things you already have in your cabinet.  I needed Apple Pie Spice for some Apple Cider Donuts I was planning to make (see recipe next week).  I got out my trusted tiny canning jar and starting adding ingredients.  Thankfully I had them all, gave it a toss and a smell -- apple pie.  I even made Andy smell it.  He agreed, smelled like apple pie.  Will I use this mix in my apple pie?  Ha!  Probably not… but hey, need to add some flavor to some apple cider, I bet this would be amazing.  Even as a cinnamon roll filling - oh the possibilities of this fancy little mix.  Don't worry, I won't tell anyone it was so easy to put together.
  
Apple Pie Spice

¼ cup Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp Ground All Spice
1 tsp Ground Ginger
½ tsp Ground Cardamom

Directions:

In a small jar add all ingredients. Close jar with lid and shake to combine. Add or decrease certain ingredients to suit your personal tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10