Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Classing things up for Sunday morning breakfast

When I was a kid, Sunday morning breakfast was the one day a week we all sat down and had breakfast together as a family.  Even when my mom worked weekends - she always made a point to have something special for us to eat.  I have tried this in my own family, it often fails.  You see, I do not live with morning people.  I live with a man who goes on auto pilot and grabs cereal even when there is delicious coffee cake or fun donuts as an option.  I also have a daughter who would rather eat Rice Chex or Cheerios than have some good ol' Banana Bread.  But still I try.
I know Andy grew up with his grandma's monkey bread.  I also know this recipe doesn't come close to what she made.  Around 10 PM Saturday night - I did some googling, found this recipe and threw it together.  Now that I have an ol' lady bundt pan thanks to my super awesome sister-in-law Krista.
This Monkey Bread was awesome.  It was a lot like Bubble Bread slightly different, but SO good. (http://myrtlegrace.blogspot.com/2012/01/bubbling-bread-of-awesome.html)
I even got Bronwyn and Andy to have some for breakfast on a Sunday morning!  Hard to not notice that amazing smell of amazing baking in the oven.  Yum.

Monkey Bread 

20 frozen Rhodes rolls
1 package COOK & SERVE butterscotch pudding (do not use instant)
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Chopped Nuts if desired

Instructions
Prepare desired pan. (I use baking spray)
Sprinkle nuts in pan if desired.
Add twenty frozen rolls around pan.
Evenly spread dry pudding mix over rolls.
In a medium bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Pour over rolls.
Leave on counter, uncovered, overnight.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10