Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Always read the entire recipe - make sure to comprehend it too...

Andy and my dad are pecan pie fans.  They also both like chocolate.  I made these bars with both of them in mind.  I was not in my right mind when I made them.  I read the recipe and skipped right over the "divided" parts and made the crust with way too much sugar.  Then dumped all the chocolate chips into the corn syrup, I picked out 1/4 of a cup and got that sorted out.  Thankfully everything worked out for the best.  While being difficult to cut, rumor has it, these bars were pretty good.  My dad made sure to tell me I could bring more over any time.  Too bad his diabetes gets him otherwise I could pawn off way more sweet his way.

Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars

1 cup  butter or margarine, softened
2 cups  flour
2 cups  sugar, divided
1/4 tsp.  salt
1-1/2 cups  light corn syrup
2 pkg.  (4 oz. each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided (or chocolate chips)
4 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 tsp.  vanilla
2-1/2 cups chopped Pecans

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

BEAT butter, flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt with mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min. or until lightly browned.

MEANWHILE, microwave corn syrup and 6 oz. chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1-1/2 min.; stir until completely melted. Add remaining sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts.

POUR chocolate mixture over warm crust; spread to evenly cover crust. Bake 35 min. or until filling is firm around edges but still slightly soft in center. Cool completely.

MELT remaining chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Let stand until chocolate is firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10