Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Be careful who you call fat...

Fat Man's Delight - that is really what the recipe is called.  I suppose I could change it to Pregnant Woman's Delight (we won't say Fat Woman's Delight - that seems uncouth).  9 months pregnant I made this cake for a dinner at my folks when my aunt was in town.  It was really easy and really tasted good.  You would think something this heavy would be too rich, but honestly the two containers of cool whip really make it light and not seem as rich.
When I walked in with the cake my sister-in-law said "oh sure I can't bring anything, but the pregnant one can bring something."  Ha!  I guess I didn't really ask my mom, I just told her I was going to bring it, it looked good, looked easy, done and done.

Fat Man’s Delight
for the crust 
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup melted butter

cheesecake layer 
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar

pudding layer 
1 box instant chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
1 box instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
3 cups milk
additional 8 ounce cool whip for topping

Instructions
1.Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9x13 baking pan. Don't worry if there are holes in the crust.
2.Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Lett cool completely.
3.Cheesecake layer-Beat together cream cheese, and sugar then stir in cool whip until smooth. Spread evenly over crust.
4.Pudding layer-combine both pudding mixes with milk and whisk until combined then stir for an additional 2 minutes until thickened. Spread over cheesecake layer.
5.Top with additional cool whip.
6.Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10