Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Missing: Oreos - aka Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

We planned out my side of the family Christmas very carefully.  Allison said - I have a ham!  That was it.  A day or two before I realized I didn't know what I was bringing, so threw the offer out and corn casserole and dessert were on my to do list.  I looked through my Pinterest recipes for ideas.   Ooh, cheesecake!!  I had a turtle and Oreo recipe pinned, well my picky brother doesn't like nuts so… Oreo it was.
I had made something with Oreos not too long ago and added them to the grocery list.  Somehow Andy overlooked it on the list.  We made do.  I added them to his list this time?  Dude has a thing for skipping the Oreos.  Maybe because they aren't real Oreos and is should write chocolate sandwich cookies or something like that.  Anyway, when he intentionally went for them?  They were out!  Ugh!   I had a partial package and also two separate containers of crushed cookies from left overs of other recipes, it all worked out.  The cheesecake really puffed out of the pan and took longer than I hoped, but it was everything and more!  It was rich, but certainly hit the spot.

Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients
36 Oreo cookies, divided
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 packages (8 ounces each) Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs

Directions
1. HEAT oven to 350°F.
2. CRUSH 26 cookies to form fine crumbs; coarsely chop remaining cookies. Mix crushed cookies with butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan.
3. BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Stir in chopped cookies. Pour into crust.
4. BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Yield: 16 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10