Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sacrificed for the good of the ice cream...

Strawberry Banana Ice Cream - sounds fancy right?  Well it is!  Guess what it's made out of?  Um... Strawberries, Bananas, a little milk and vanilla.  Wild huh?  Found this recipe after my aunt posted it on Facebook - it seemed easy enough, but I did not take into account our evil blender.  You see, we have one of those fancy shmancy Cuisnart food processors and it also has a blender.  If you have read my past posts - you'll know I loath that piece of kitchen equipment.  I'll do just about anything to avoid using it.  I froze 2 bananas and a cup of strawberries, tossed some of them into food processor - fail.  It just hates me.  Tried the blender part?  Fail.  Andy ended up using a wooden spoon to get it working better, sacrificing the spoon for the good of the ice cream.
Had we eaten it right away last night - it would have been like soft serve ice cream, so creamy and yummy.  Instead my bright idea was to stick it back into the freezer.  Frozen solid.
so, my suggestion is to make it (if you want to fight your blender/food processor) and eat it right away.  Maybe I need one of those Blendtech blenders that will blend an iPhone. :)  Nah, I'd still not be able to get anything chopped in the silly thing.

Strawberry Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients
2 bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
½ cup frozen strawberries, sliced
2 Tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla

Instructions
Place banana slices on a plate, separating each slice. Place slices in freezer for 2 hours (overnight is best!).
Remove strawberries and bananas from freezer and place in food processor, blend until they are the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
Add milk and vanilla and blend until smooth.
Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and freeze until solid.
Scoop with ice cream scoop and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10