Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sprinkles, it's all in the Sprinkles

Baked goods and me?  We are special kinds of friends.  I thoroughly enjoy baking them, sneaking the batter, decorating and delivering the goods.  Eating them?  Not always something I do.  This pudding cake?  This one got to me.
Andy was gone to Romania for a week and I was home with the kids. (Enter the possible craziness you think that might have been and double - triple - quintuple it.)  I had to make a dessert for an event at my brother's house.  Ask me what event it was?  Go ahead...  I have no idea.  Not even a clue.  And why would I agree to go there right after he'd been gone an entire week?  More good questions.  I tell you - I was home for a week with 2 small children, sanity isn't one of the things I would say I held dear that week. 
Anyway.  After all was said and done - I made this cake, it fluffed up way more than I thought but then fell and was just dense enough to be deliciously fudgy, but not a brownie.  The day after the serving of this cake, I took a piece out to take a picture.  Usually I take the photo and then put the piece back where it came from and move on with my life.  this piece called to me, I ate it.  What?  Not me.  I don't do those things.  Oh yes, me.  Oh thinking of it now - makes me want a piece.  Perhaps some baking is in my future... Allison's Birthday!  That's what we were celebrating!!  See... just thinking about that cake has the details clearing up... now where's my fork?

Chocolate Pudding Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 box (3.4oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cup milk
16 oz Cool Whip
sprinkles, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with milk. Whisk until smooth. Add in chocolate cake mix and beat until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour cake batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, and bake according to cake mix package directions.

Remove from oven and cool completely. Top with Cool Whip and sprinkles, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cake will be moist and dense...perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10