Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Brownie Turtle Cheese Cake Trifle - no cherry on top (I'm allergic...)

It's always fun when a thrown together recipe works and people ask you for a copy of it.  This Brownie Turtle Cheese Cake Trifle was very much a mess of ideas that just plain worked.
Let's start with the trifle bowl.  Who has one?  No one I know.  Well, my aunt does, she uses it as a fruit bowl.  I hunted a bit a Goodwill - no luck.  I did find a really old mixing bowl for an old style stand mixer that I bought for $3, the sides were as straight as they could get and it worked pretty well.
The trifle itself - I saw recipes that had pound cake, some had angel food, but none had brownies.  I wanted yummy chocolate as the cake base.  Thankfully Bronwyn is an excellent brownie maker.  (Side note: when I use the voice recognition software on my phone - my phone hears Bronwyn as "Brown One.")
The cheese cake layer uses 1/3rd less fast cream cheese and light cool whip.  This dish is practically diet food.  Ok, depends on what diet you are on.
I brought this to our yearly get together with my mom's family.  We call it Christmas - but honestly it's just a time to get together, play some games (if you want to) and be shocked at how big all the kids are getting.

Brownie Turtle Cheese Cake Trifle
Brownie Layer:
1 boxed brownie mixed, prepared according to directions.  Cooled and cut into small squares.

10 oz hot fudge topping
10 oz caramel topping

Pecans
1 lb chopped pecans sautéed with
2 tbls butter
1 tsp salt
1 tbls sugar

Cheesecake Layer - Whip together:
2 8oz 1/3rd Less Fat Cream Cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 12 oz Light Cool Whip
1 tsp vanilla

Layer ingredients with 1/3rd of each ingredient beginning with brownies, cheese cake, hot fudge, caramel, nuts and repeat.  Saving a small amount of caramel, fudge and nuts for the very top.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10