Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dipped, Fried, Eaten, Enjoyed...

Faux Fried Ravioli is not nearly as hard to make as I thought it would be.  Like... amazingly easy.  Thaw Ravioli, coat with egg, coat with breadcrumbs, bake, dip in marinara and eat.  So why on earth do I order it from the pizza place?  Because I had no idea it was so easy.
I'm a pasta girl and fill that pasta with some cheese - dinner is served!  I love torilini but ravioli is a close second.  I even have the tools to make my own ravioli, have I?  Of course not, don't be silly.  The beauty of the Amazon Wish List is you add things you would never buy yourself because you know you might never use them.  Those tools?  Eek!  Kind of along those lines.  Andy did make pasta once - that was awesome.  Perhaps I should up the ante and make my own ravioli then bake them up in all their deliciousness.  Or... I could thaw the ones I get for $3 from the store.  Either way... these?  Easy and yummy.  Go... eat and enjoy.

Oven Toasted Ravioli 
12 frozen ravioli, thawed
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
6 Tbps Italian bread crumbs
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Whisk together egg and milk in shallow bowl.  In another bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.  Dip ravioli in egg and then in bread crumbs.  Place on baking sheet.  Repeat until all ravioli are coated.  Spray ravioli with cooking spray.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with warm marinara or pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10