Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Crockpot for the win!


After an out of town crazy weekend that had so much prep and work, I'm not interested in cooking.  Freezer meals and our crockpot is my friend.  While I knew I wanted to do chicken of some sort - I didn't know what to do for chicken in the crockpot.  Andy rattled off a bunch of stuff we could just toss in the crockpot with the chicken, "onion soup mix, because no crockpot meal should be with out it." While I do agree that idea had merit, I wasn't feeling any of his ideas.
I found this BBQ Chicken Recipe and we both agreed it could be a winner.  Having just been to Nashville and had our fill of BBQ Pulled Pork, I wasn't sure how this would rate, it was awesome.  Our kids couldn't get enough of it!  We used Sweet Baby Rays for the BBQ Sauce and oh it was good.  I was also spoiled that I didn't actually put it together, Andy did that part.  I'm so thankful he's willing to help make meals and get dinner ready.  Sure makes things easier to manage.
Give this one a try - maybe even toss some coleslaw on top - we did and it was awesome.

The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
Directions
1. Season chicken breast lightly (a small pinch per breast)  with some sea salt and place in your crockpot.
2. In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
3. Pour over chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
4. Once time is up, you can serve the breast whole, or shred with 2 forks. If shredding, recover and let cook in sauce for about 10-15 more minutes to soak up all the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10