Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Teaching Pumpkin Punching Near the Beach

On July 9 I had the pleasure of being asked to teach several punch needle classes at The Black Cat Stitchery in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois.  
When I looked at the map, I realized just how close the shop was to the shore of Lake Michigan, so how could I not go sneak a peek when I arrived a few minutes early?  Got a little sand between my toes and inhaled the fresh air.  Perfect start to the day.
The classes were wonderful – fast learners, lovely conversation, and lots of punching.  It was fun to see friends give each other a hard time and strangers become friends.  I designed a teaching piece just for the class called “Of Pumpkins and Meow” – it was in coordination with the ‘Collective Stitch’ pattern that I designed as well.
What a fun day with some lovely people.  Can’t wait to visit again and I might just sneak away to the beach again…




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10