Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Toss the stove and the microwave - the crockpot can officially do it all.


If you would have told me I would make candy in my crockpot, I would have told you that you were nuts. Like crazy nuts.

You know what? I'm the nutjob... crockpot candy - amazing.

Last year at our family cookie exchange my cousin Kathy brought crockpot candy - they were basically peanut clusters - but they were amazing. I'm pretty sure I ate all the ones we got at the exchange.

Our previous experience with peanut clusters was not a good one. I believe Andy said they tasted like chocolate covered raw peas. They were a gift, someone used raw peanuts - oops. Everyone that came to the house, he made them try these... less than stellar treats.

Recently, I looked for the crockpot recipe and was dumbfounded that the recipes I saw online had white almond bark. Clearly, these were chocolate clusters, not white chocolate, that couldn't be right. I emailed my cousin? Sure is, White Almond Bark! Well Ok then. I only had half a package on hand so I made half of a batch. Well, let's just say I need to get a full package of almond bark because this recipe is happening again and very soon.

This recipe is as easy as dumping peanuts and chocolates into the crockpot, stirring 4 times, spooning it out onto wax or parchment paper. Honestly could not be simpler. These did not last very long in my house - at all - hence the need to make them again - soon.

Crockpot Crack
2 pounds white almond bark
4 ounces chocolate bar
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
24 ounces dry roasted peanuts

Add all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 1 hour, without messing with it. After an how stir to combine everything. Allow to cook for another hour, stirring every 20 minutes.

Once all melted and completely combined, drop about 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture onto parchment paper. Allow to cool and harden.

Store in airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10