Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fruity Appetizer Helps Bring the Magic




Christmas this year with Andy's family was at our house after a weekend of partying in Wisconsin with his extended family. I wanted to make Pretzel Magic but knew I wouldn't have time to get it done and set, if I made it too early - it would be a water mess. Instead, I tried something different, I made a dip out of it!

Instead of the crust, I got Pretzel thins, which normally aren't enough pretzel, but to pick up delicious strawberry cream cheese dip? Oh yes. I mixed the strawberries with homemade strawberry jam so it had the sweetness going for it. It was a winner for us for sure. Also, it counted as a fruit course. You know how important it is to get all those different food groups in.... dairy, sugar, sweetness, awesome, deliciousness, I could go on…

Pretzel Magic Dip
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipped topping

1 cup diced strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry jelly/jam

Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in bottom of pie plate or decorative plate.
Combine strawberries and jelly/jam and pour on top.
Serve with Pretzel chips for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10