Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fancy cupcakes for a mundane work day

When holidays are on Tuesday – the work week gets weird. I tried to help that oddness by baking cupcakes for work for the Monday before Independence Day. I felt it was necessary to treat those having to work that day between days off. Also, I had a box of strawberry cake mix that was constantly falling out of the cabinet and figured I should just bake the silly thing and be done with it. Sometimes – that’s how I roll.
I decided that cream cheese frosting would be the best topping for strawberry flavored cupcakes for some reason. Most of the cream cheese frostings I’ve made are spreadable – not really pipeable. This one – pipeable. I was able to pipe it in – which honestly is SO much easier. Also when you are all done – and you just squeeze that thing right into your mouth and taste the yummy frosting goodness… wait I may have just said too much… Um… right – I mean… just don’t stick your finger in the tip – we’ve seen how that can end badly – with my finger stuck in the tip… anyway. Moving along to things I should be saying…
These cupcakes – awesome! The fact that Aldi came out with Lemon and Strawberry cake mixes for the summer – also awesome! Excited to try the Lemon now! And make more frosting…

Cream Cheese Frosting You Can Pipe
½ cup butter – softened
4 ounces cream cheese – softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk/cream

Whip butter and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed together. Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time. Add more milk for preferred texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10