Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Orange Food Tastes Better with Marshmallows and Brown Sugar


Every other Thursday I meet with a bunch of other moms called MOPS - Mothers of Preschools. Now... the kids don't have to be in preschool exactly - rather pre-school - like before real school. Almost 2 years ago I felt like I wanted to be a part of a moms group - but that silly J O B was getting in the way. I found a church that had evening MOPS - so yay! Signed up! Found out later my cousin also signed up. In the last year and a half, I've had so much fun getting to know her better, but also being in a community of people that "gets" me. Sometimes I catch myself thinking "Wow she's just like me!!" and remember that's kind of the point... somewhere to belong.
Part of MOPS is dinner. Sure, sometimes I have to prep dinner for my family before I go (most of the time Andy does that) - but I get to eat a meal that I did not have to prepare! It's wonderful! A few weeks ago we had BBQ Beef, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and the most amazing sweet potatoes I may have ever had. Realistically my perfect sweet potato is plain and has about 2 inches of marshmallows toasted on top - but these were sliced, had some crunchy stuff on top and a few scattered marshmallows. They were amazing! I wanted to try them at home. I'm close, while not exact, this close recipe is a WINNER. Even my kids wanted them - hey they had marshmallows - how can that not win?

Brown Sugared Sweet Potatoes
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced, boiled until fork tender
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup mini marshmallows
Peel, slice, and boil sweet potatoes until fork tender. Lay on a foil lined cookie sheet overlapping each slice slightly. Sprinkle brown sugar top of slices. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle marshmallows on slices, bake until marshmallows are toasty and brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10