Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Nope, nope and more nope.


Anyone see a recipe video on the internet and say - I can do that?
That was me.
The recipe? Chocolate chip cookies and brownie batter rolled together, sliced beautifully to create a delicious swirled cookie.
Right.
Not so much.
I looked for the recipe - they wanted me to install an ap - yeah - no. I googled a little bit - didn't see anything. I figured I could wing it.
I made my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe with mini chocolate chips - yum. Then I made up a brownie mix - not thinking how liquidy brownie batter is. There's your first clue as to how this all went down.
I split the cookie dough in half and rolled it between two pieces of parchment paper and stuck it in the fridge for easy rolling. Yes... easy peasy... Right?
Nope.
I tested pealing the parchment before I put some brownie batter on it and it peeled back just fine. Well... apparently cookie dough + brownie batter application turns the cookie dough into mush in an instant and the cough dough was like glue on the parchment. Ugh! So I rolled one and made a gigantic mess. Got it the freezer as soon as I could.
Rolled the 2nd - much like the first - a mess, but into the freezer.
The next night I envisioned slicing the cookies, baking them up and having beautiful swirled cookies.
Nope.
I had almost chocolate pancake looking messes that melted into one another. They had to set on the Silpat until they were firm enough to peel off and moved to the rack. The upside of this mess - they were delicious - HUGE and delicious.
I decided to leave that second roll in the freezer a while and used a cookie scoop and baked another set. They worked better on parchment paper and placed the dough WAY far apart. I think I'll search harder for the actual recipe and try again. So... if you want a mess on your hands - follow directions as above - favorite cookie dough + boxed brownie batter = gigantic delicious mess.
I'll report back when I have something workable and less messy to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10