Tuesday, February 19, 2019

To my favorite 4-year-old...

After last year's total disaster of a cake for Nicholas, I wanted to get this year's right.  You only turn 4 once.  I asked him what kind of cake he wanted - he didn't know.  We talked about some options - he decided on a dinosaur - T-Rex.  Eek.  Well off to google to find some cakes.  Most of the T-Rex cakes were way too difficult for me to accomplish but I did find a dinosaur that looked doable.  he went back and forth on color and finally decided on green with orange spikes.  
While I had an idea of how to cut the cakes to make the right shapes - I got all worried since I didn't have an exact pattern to follow - so I winged it.  Winging it is really hard when you have an almost 4-year-old at one elbow, a 6-year-old at your other elbow, a dog sitting on your feet, and a husband asking questions.  Thankfully the dog went outside, the husband and younger kid went for a haircut, and the older kid found something else to do.
Thankfully when Nicholas came back with shorter hair I was just about done - but he didn't have a mouth.  I was certainly informed he needed one... So I did the finishing touches and got him all set.  I asked Nicholas what we should name this guy - Green Dinosaur.  He's so original.

Happiest of birthdays to this imp, 4 years old doesn't seem possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10