Friday, March 15, 2019

True Confessions of the Brownie Kind

Brownies - how can you make a gooey delicious brownie even better? At cheesecake to it.
See what an easy fast blog post. Sometimes I don't know what to write and this was an easy one. Wait... what? I get a lot of questions about how I get things done - like when do I have time to blog about what I bake, let alone bake things? Well... writing the crazy thoughts in my head is something I enjoy doing - I get to be sarcastic and tell stories. The baking and cooking part? Well, that just makes me feel sane. I love baking - it helps me feel like I can be successful at something. I used to have a job where I was beat down on a daily basis and made to feel worthless. Baking was something I knew I could do and be successful at. Cooking is fine - I enjoy trying new recipes, but baking is my jam. Most of the time I like planning out our meals for the week because I can tuck new recipes in there to try. I like signing up to bring dishes to various meetings or events we go to - then I can try yet something else that is new. Sometimes I think my family just wants the same boring "normal" stuff, like oatmeal raisin cookies and a casserole we all like. This week everything on our menu is boring and normal - but our kids love it all so that's worth the boring to me (and they are all easy meals which is nice too).
So yeah - these brownies - easy - even if you are making the brownie part from scratch - still easy and delicious. Made in a small pan - cut them in tiny squares they are rich but delicious. So very very delicious!

Cheesecake Brownies

Cheesecake Mixture:
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup white chocolate chips

Brownie Mixture:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and 1 egg and beat until smooth.
Stir in 1 cup white chocolate chips until well combined. Set aside.
On the stove, fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and set a heatproof mixing bowl over the water. In the mixing bowl, combine butter and milk chocolate chips; stir until its just melted and blended together. Mix in the remaining ½ cup sugar and 2 eggs.
In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into your chocolate mixture until evenly blended.
Pour half of your batter into a greased 9x9 baking pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Swirl the top chocolate layer into the cream cheese to make a marble pattern.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is crinkled and center is cooked through. Let cool. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10