Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Rainbow Cupcakes with Cloudy Frosting


When it came to birthdays growing up - we got to pick our meal and our cake. I always wanted spaghetti and eclair cake. Eclair cake was cool and yummy in our non-air conditioned house and Mom didn't have to turn the oven on. I can appreciate that now as an adult.
Bronwyn was turning 7, let that sink it, 7 years old. Oof! I don't know how that happened so fast - but it did. She's now of an age she has very strong opinions on dinner and it was fun to plan her birthday meal. She wanted Chicken Kiev, rice, and corn. Done! Easy Peasy kiddo! We planned to celebrate her birthday with family the following Saturday with a big cake but how can you have a birthday and no special treat? We decided rainbow cupcakes were just the ticket. We'd accidentally made them a year ago - so this time - intentionally we made 6 different colors, pipped them each into 24 cupcake liners and created our rainbow batter. I love cutting into these cupcakes because you get to see how it bakes and rises, so differently than I expect. For the frosting, we used something called Bettercreme. It's a product a friend of mine introduced me to. It looks like heavy whipping cream, but when it whips up, it's sweet, stable, pillowy soft, and pipes like an absolute dream. It's also very tasty. The kids disagreed with me on that front - Andy and my coworkers liked it. Very different than what I'm used to - but very good.
A very happy girl with a special gift too - pierced ears! Oh, man, she's growing up!! Make it slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10