Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The sun DID come out... finally

It's been a LONG summer at work - for reasons. But the sun came out and it was a happy happy day! So what do you think I did? I baked - of course!!
I've been waiting for a time such as this - a time to make Oreo Frosting! Let's say you've been rocking a healthier lifestyle for a few months - Oreos aren't generally part of a healthier eating lifestyle so when I opened that package - oh man... bliss. I wanted to dive in and eat the entire bag, but I held back and didn't even eat a single one. Not even the one that was put together wrong, that one called out to me, it said - I'm unique and should be eaten now. I didn't.
This frosting is easy. Its delicious buttercream with crushed Oreos (or generic sandwich cookies) mixed it - but how can something so simple be so tasty? I don't know but it can be and it was.
Reviews on the cupcakes? Amazing. Chances I will make this again? VERY high! Even Andy loved his cupcake - I saved him one - he got to celebrate the sun coming out again too... after the long dark summer... My MOPS mama best be prepared for some Oreo Frosted Cupcakes in the coming season!

Oreo Frosting
3 sticks (1 ½ cups) Unsalted butter
6 cups powdered sugar
12 Oreos, crushed
1–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cut the butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter at medium high speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Beat the butter until it looks lighter in color.
Slowly add the powdered sugar, 2 cups at a time, adding the heavy whipping cream intermittently, mixing on low speed until it’s incorporated into the butter. Then increase the speed to high and beat for 30-60 seconds. Repeat until all your powdered sugar has been added.
In a food processor, grind the Oreos into a fine crumb. Add the crushed Oreos to the frosting along with the vanilla extract. Slowly beat the crumbs into the frosting then beat at a high speed for 60 seconds.
In a large piping bag fitted with a large closed star tip, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and place an Oreo in the side. Store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10