Tuesday, December 31, 2019

When Meal Prep Goes Wrong

So you know I'm a lover of meal prep - right? I love being able to prep all my meals for the week and only have to pop something in the oven or reheat something quick - then dinner is done! This time, I failed. SO FAILED. This recipe has all good things in it. Nothing I wouldn't eat by itself. Even all together - the taste was great. The problem - my meal prep mind told me to make it the night before, now my common sense mind says - are you crazy? The stuffing will get so soggy it will never come back - don't do it! Oh man. The poor stuffing absorbed all of the chicken stock and guess what? It was sloppy yuck. It's a rare day that Andy even says something isn't his favorite. There was no fixing the stuffing - so sad. Next time... there will be a next time - next time I will not make it that way. I will lightly toss the stuffing with the broth, then mix it and quickly get it in the oven. So learn from my mistake. Do that... if you do - let me know. I want to make sure that it actually works!

Chicken Stuffing Bake
Ingredients
1 box stuffing mix
1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small onion, diced
1 medium carrot, grated
1.5 cup chicken broth
1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
1/2 cup cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a bowl, mix together the stuffing mix, shredded cooked chicken, diced onion, shredded carrot and steamed broccoli. Place combined into a greased baking dish.
In another bowl mix together the chicken broth and soup and pour over ingredients in the baking dish.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After cooking, gently mix contents and top with grated cheese. Bake another 15 minutes, uncovered this time. If you like crispy cheese on to, broil for 2 minutes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10