Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Cookies acting like Candy

When I was little, my family made stained glass cookies every year at Christmas. I can distinctly remember sitting at my parents' table in their old kitchen with my Grandma Dekker cutting these Stained Glass Cookies. I say cookies but really they are candy. Chocolate, margarine, and marshmallows - that's candy really.
I remember we used the multicolor marshmallows but I don't remember them having fruit flavors. I went hunting for marshmallows - now the fun colored marshmallows are fruit-flavored... yuck. No thanks. I was able to find holiday marshmallows and I cut them into smaller pieces, they worked perfectly. I made these for an event at our church where they asked for Christmas cookies. I loved making these and walking down memory lane. My kids loved watching too - but they had chocolate in them so they were a big no on their end. Oh my kids...

Stained Glass Cookies
1 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 stick margarine
1 large pkg colored mini marshmallows

Melt together margarine and chocolate chips. Mix together marshmallows and chocolate mixture quickly. Roll onto waxpaper. Wrap and seal ends. Refrigerate till firm. Slice and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10