Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Nationally Meatball Day we make Meatballs


I have a young man in my house who loves meatballs, I mean LOVES meatballs. I also have a young lady in my house who isn’t a super fan of meatballs. Sometimes I have to go somewhere in the middle to make kids happy. This recipe made both kids and husband happy. Ironically enough I made this on Nationally Meatball Day, did you know there even was such a thing? I had no idea. Nicholas things that’s the best day ever. Sometimes ground turkey can be somewhat bland, thankfully this meat mix is not bland at all. I was afraid the kids would stick their noses up at the zucchini, but they didn’t. Bronwyn noticed it but said it didn’t taste like anything and Nicholas? He was just happily eating meatballs. I was told we need to make this again for sure. I can do that!

Meatball Bubble Up Bake
7.5 oz can buttermilk biscuits cut into small pieces
1½ cups Marinara
1 cup part skim shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup diced green onions

Mini Turkey Meatballs
3 tsp olive oil
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 oz grated parmesan cheese
1 medium zucchini grated
1 tsp celery salt
2 tbsp dried minced/chopped onion

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, Add all of the ingredients for your turkey meatballs, except for the olive oil. I’m sorry if you hate this part, but (with clean hands) get mashing! Make sure ingredients are combined well.
After thoroughly mixing, roll your meat mixture into about 1 inch to 1-1/2 inch in size meatballs. You should get about 25 meatballs. A couple more or less is just fine.
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add your turkey meatballs, but be sure you don’t crowd the pan (You may need to cook in two batches depending on pan size)
Turn them every so often so they are browned on all sides. Cook for about 8 minutes total.
While the meatballs are cooking, cut up your biscuits and add them to the casserole dish. Pour sauce over the biscuits.
When the meatballs are done cooking, add them one by one so they are evenly proportioned throughout the dish.
Top with shredded mozzarella and green onions.
Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10