Tuesday, August 16, 2022

If it tasks like soap - you are wrong

For some reason Quesadillas in my house seems like an easy meal, I mean I only have to make them for Andy and me... the kids make their own - with American Cheese... what? Yeah, let's not even talk about it. Years ago I had a quesadilla similar to this at a restaurant near my old work - it was amazing - until they closed and then I had to figure out how to make my own. Andy prefers his quesadillas with just cheese and piles the pico on after, I like mine packed with pico. No peppers in my pico, I'm a wimp. I do add lemon juice - so I eat as much of this until I can't feel parts of my mouth - then I'm done. This is such a fresh yummy meal. if you make the pico ahead it goes fast... if you are like me and wait to make it - it's cumbersome. I have a chopper that's amazing and makes the most perfect sized pieces for pico. And if you don't like cilantro? What on earth is wrong with you? It's awesome... makes the house smell amazing!

Raatjes Fresco Quesadillas

What you need!
Tortillas
Mexican Blend Cheese
Tomatoes
Onions
Cilantro
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Juice

What to do!
Cut up tomatoes, onions and cilantro - quantity to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste, add a spalsh of lemon juice.
Turn the electric griddle on a low temperature and start building quesadillas. Pile cheese on half of tortilla then tomato mixture, more cheese and fold tortilla in half. Turn the heat on medium. Wait until cheese is melted and tortilla is toasted, flip it, wait for the same on the other side. Cut into wedges and eat. So fresh and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10