Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Mae's Fancy Coffee Cake

So the rumor is this is my Grandma's Recipe - but I don't ever remember her making it. But I remember my mom's old cookbook it clearly said Annamae Ipema... well... it probably said Mae, that's what everyone called her. Introducing for a second showing on this blog.... Yum Yum Coffee Cake.
I've always loved this coffee cake. It's one my mom always made on Saturdays for a special breakfast on Sunday. It's wonderful warmed up with butter or not warmed up and not with butter. Just eat it as is. I've made it with walnuts or pecans - I'm partial to walnuts because that's how I always had it.
And yes... another duplicate because the photo went AWOL... But certainly work repeating.

Yum Yum Coffee Cake
What you need!
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. chopped nuts

Make it!
Cream butter until soft; add sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Add vanilla. Pour half of batter into a lightly greased 9 inch square pan or bundt pan. In separate bowl, combine all topping ingredients and mix well. Cover the batter in the pan with half of the topping mixture. Pour remaining batter over and top with rest of topping mixture. Bake at 325 for 40 minutes in the square pan and one hour in a bundt pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10