Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Pink Noodles with Veg

Souper Spaghetti has been one of my favorites for a long time. It was something my mom tried on a whim, I really liked it. It reminds me of my grandma's spaghetti, which my dad called "Pink Noodles". This recipe includes a few more veggies than my Gram's but it's one of my families favorites. I've had it on the blog here before - but again... google and my previous account are on the outs... so my pictures - gone. This time I opted to make this without the spaghetti noodles - gasp! Something my Gram always did was toss whatever noodles she had in there, that's what I did. All the extras in the boxes in the cabinet - went in - three different kinds. It sucked up all the liquid and oh so good. This recipe is great for a make ahead. I made this on a Sunday for a Tuesday when we were all like ships passing in the night - all sorts of directions and no time for us all to sit for dinner. It's an easy one to scoop out, microwave and enjoy some delicious Pink Noodles with Veg!

Souper Spaghetti
What you need!
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green sweet pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 14-1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2-1/2 cups water
1 13- to 15-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash crushed red pepper
2 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
Fresh herb sprigs (optional)

What to do!
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook meat, onion, sweet pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain excess fat.
2. Add undrained tomatoes, the water, spaghetti sauce, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Bring mixture to boiling. Add broken spaghetti. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Serve immediately. If desired, top each serving with a fresh herb sprig. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10