Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Carb Delicious Fluffy Buns

Things I know to be true... I am an overthinker and also I make too much food when company comes. We had planned a weeknight for friends and their kids to come for dinner, in my meal prep ways, I'd already made the main dish, we'd set the table, cleaned the house, and made the dessert... so when they had to cancel because of sick kids that morning of... I had extra... because I'm extra sometimes. I had planned to make this roll recipe but then our friends had a loaf of bread they were going to bring, so I scrapped it... well now they weren't coming and my folks were... time to make the rolls! These short rise recipes do not always work. There is a lot of yeast in this recipe, so I'm guessing that helped. I mixed it up and ran outside to move a giant pile of cut bushes that we set out for the chipper last weekend... who knew that the chipper stops running in our town before the leaf sucker... hrm... anyway... I had to move them to make room for my folks to park. Now they get to sit in the back corner of the yard until April... Note... today is November 3... so it'll be a LONG winter with a mountain of branches... Anyway... came back inside to bake these rolls and they were amazing! They were nice and fluffy! I used garlic salt instead granulated garlic, used our "fancy" wedge of parmesan and grated it on top, and some dried parsley. Why yes we do have a fancy wedge of parmesan... only because the store didn't have pre-shredded or grated so I had to get a wedge. It's lasted amazingly long so maybe that's honestly worthwhile. News you can use. Anyway... These buns were amazing. I had two! They were great with our soup and the kids loved them too. My insulin dependent father wished he could have two, but alas carbs are the enemy.
Enjoy these carb delicious fluffy buns.

30-Minute Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls
Ingredients
1¼ cups warm water 115-125 degrees
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. yeast - instant or platinum works great
⅓ cup canola oil
1 tsp. salt
1 large egg
3½ cups all-purpose flour
4 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp granulated garlic
1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp parsley

Line baking sheet with parchment or non-stick liner- set aside
Combine yeast with warm water & sugar in a large bowl - allow to proof approx 2-5 minutes
Add in oil, salt, egg & flour & mix until combined. (adding a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.)
Separate the dough into 16 equal-sized pieces & shape into rolls. (see notes below about kneading the dough)
Place on the prepared baking sheet & let rise approx 5-10 minutes in a warm place. (I usually turn on my fireplace & set them on the hearth to rise).
Brush the raised rolls with melted butter & sprinkle with granulated garlic, cheese & parsley.
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Bake rolls for about 18-20 minutes.
Spread additional butter on top before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10