Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Changing my mind about gravy


Something I did not grow up eating was biscuits and gravy. We were not gravy people - well, my mom was a gravy person but one one else was. Last Thanksgiving my dad turned into a gravy person only because my turkey was THAT terrible and dry. But get back to the recipe at hand. I was never a breakfast meat kind of girl. Just not my thing. Andy will eat it - even at hotel continental breakfast where it looks like chunky wallpaper paste. No thanks. When we were in Iowa my friend made biscuits and gravy and well... when that's what's for breakfast that's what you have. It was delicious! Call me surprised. I asked her for her recipe - it's painfully simple but so good. I made it for dinner one night - knowing it could be risky so I made some scrambled eggs and a fruit salad to go with it... but everyone loved it. Turns out - we are biscuits and gravy people.

Biscuits & Gravy

1 lb breakfast sausage
1/4 cup flour
2 1/4 cups milk
Biscuits baked according to directions

Brown sausage - do not drain. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly pour milk - whisk as you pour. Cook until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10