Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Yay for trying new things - pass on next time!

This is a recipe. I'm not going to say my family loved it. I'm also not planning to tell you they hated it. They all said - that's yellow and... interesting. The source of this recipe I should have realized... ALL her food is yellow... all of it... it's also super rich and creamy... another red flag. No one really thought this was too creamy - but it had no texture other than soft. I added chopped green onion because I thought we needed some color and possible the hint of a veggie.
The recipe calls for an 8 count and 4 count crescent roll tubes. Tell me where on earth you've shopped and found a 4 count... yeah... nowhere... that's dumb. I used two 8 counts. Also it talks about cutting the triangles in half. um.. HOW? and wrapping the filling with the dough? How? I did not cut them - just wrapped them and plopped them in a pan, did the best I could.
Will I make this again? Nope. Nicholas thought I should - but he also said that about broccoli cheddar soup then melted down when I DID make it again and said he hated it why would I make it again... so... I read the room... it was a onetime try - yay for trying new things - pass!

Ham & Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole
16- oz cooked ham chopped
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup shredded swiss cheese
8- oz cream cheese softened
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp onion powder
1 (8-count) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (4-count) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
5 eggs
1½ cups milk
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix together ham, cheddar, swiss, cream cheese, dijon mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, and onion powder.
Separate crescent rolls into 12 triangles. Cut each triangle in half, forming two triangles. (24 total) Scoop one tablespoon of ham mixture on the long end of each triangle. Roll up crescents and place in baking dish. Sprinkle tops of crescents with poppy seeds.
Whisk together eggs, and milk. Pour over crescent rolls.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until egg mixture, is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10