Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Trifles for the win

The month of May has cruised right into the month of June and trying new recipes has gone right out the window. Making standby recipes and standard faire has been more top of mind than anything else. May was crazy – so many nights out and events to get to and a girl to get graduated. June has proved equally crazy with so many things to get planned and prepped for two weeks of camping in the middle of nowhere… it’s been… something. Somewhere in there I remembered that we had dinner with friends planned! Oh! I could bring a dessert! I’d promised something light and refreshing. Clearly you can see what I made wasn’t light, not in the least. The last time we got together I made a trifle, am I the trifle maker now? I decided to make a fudge brownie trifle! We got home the night before around 11:30 PM from a day in Wisconsin so I got up early to go walk, set the oven timer to turn on right when I got home – so all I had to do was toss the brownie mix together and get that in the oven before church. When we got home from church, I put it all together which went very quickly. This was a hit, an absolute hit. Brownies, pudding, Cool Whip, and Oreos… There’s nothing light about this – but it was delicious! Next friend dinner is at our house… I’ll be on main dish duty! I’ve got this! Can I make a main dish in a trifle bowl?

Oreo Fudge Brownie Trifle
1 box brownie mix *plus egg, water, oil, etc.
2 box instant chocolate pudding - mixed according to box directions
16 oz cool whip
1 box Oreos

Prepare brownie mix as directed on box. Once fully cooled, cut brownies into 1-inch small squares.
Crush Oreos in a gallon zip bag, set aside about ¼ cup.
Place ½ brownie pieces on first layer of trifle bowl.
Spread ½ of pudding mixture over brownie bites.
Pour ½ of cool whip container over pudding mixture.
Sprinkle ½ of Oreo cookie pieces over whip cream.
Repeat pattern a second time.
On top layer, sprinkle ¼ cup of Oreo pieces.
Refrigerate for an hour and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10