Saturday, August 8, 2009

Derksen Family Corn

Ok… so sometimes I don’t bake… I cook! I’m in a mood to can and preserve the yumminess of the summer… so last night we did spiced apple rings… certainly an experiment… today was corn! This is the Derksen Family Corn Recipe… not sure if it’s a secret, if so… oops – can’t kick me out of the family now. Made this with Ipema corn... at least we keep it all Dutch. :)

Andy got me this awesome corn stripper for my birthday – YES I asked for it… and it’s awesome, make things so much easier. Granted, this whole process is not easy, but it made things a tad easier. So, hard work – but SO worth it… the great taste of sweet corn all winter long.

Derksen Family Corn

16 cups corn cut off cob (scrape cob with knife to get the juice out also)
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups water
1 large tablespoon salt

Mix and boil 10 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn
Cool and put in containers or bags. Then freeze.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10