Sunday, November 29, 2009

Butterfinger Cookie Goodness

There is something very calming to me about baking. There is something about putting similar ingredients together and having it come out something different every time. There is also something about being able to bake for other people. Whether it’s banana bread for the people at work or brownies for small group… there is something to it that I just find therapeutic. I learned from my mom you don’t go anywhere empty handed… well… it wasn’t like she taught me this great lesson saying, “Now Erin, when you go somewhere – bake something.” I watched her do it. Funerals, birthday parties, dinner, anything… we always brought something to pass. So… here I sit in my jammies… banana bread already baked and these cookies in the oven. Mmmmmm.
I found these cookies on Picky Palate and mmm they looked good.
http://picky-palate.com/2009/11/05/chocolate-fudge-butterfinger-cookies/
I used 3 full size Butterfinger bars because… well… I like Butterfingers. :)

Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies!
What you need!

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Full size Butterfinger Bars, crushed
1 1/2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

What you do!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use a cookie sheet with a silpat liner.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in crushed (I chopped them) butterfinger and chocolate chips. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10