Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes of Love

Dear Pioneer Woman.
I love you.
Sincerely, Erin
I found this recipe in The Pioneer Woman’s Cookbook – it’s also on her blog. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/twice_baked_pot/

Amazing.

I used pretty little potatoes since that is what we had, they were almost bit sized. So good! I’m not going to give measurements… since this kind of a “to taste” recipe and you can make your own changes.

What you need!
Baking Potatoes
Butter
Milk
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Lawry’s Season Salt
Black Pepper
Green Onions
Bacon (Optional in my world.)

What to do!
1. Wash potatoes and spray with cooking spray. Bake them in a 350 oven for an hour, or until soft.
2. Slice potatoes in half, and hold with a towel. Scoop out the soft hot potato leaving a sad empty shell.
3. Put in about a stick of butter (to taste), add cheddar cheese, season salt, pepper, sliced green onions, splash of milk and sour cream. Use a masher and mash it all up together until it’s a smooth consistency.
4. Scoop the filling into the sad empty shells making them now happy shells.
5. Sprinkle with more cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 15-30 minutes. (I made them ahead of time and popped them in the fridge for a while before baking.)

These were SOO good. Will certainly do them again. The Pioneer Woman suggests they are awesome to make ahead and freeze, but omit the green onion. I’ll put that on my “make and freeze” list for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10